Quick Contact Info: 33 Union Place, Summit, NJ 07901 | (908)277-0333 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to understand more about turntables and phono cartridges? Our Turntable Basics will get you there quickly.
Visit us on Facebook
How to set up and use a Music Server that can hold your entire music collection.
How to get started building your Stereo or Home Theater system
Audio Nexus Named As
a PS Audio Dealer
What if you could power your audio or home theater system with absolutely pure, undistorted, well-regulated, and low source impedance 60 Hz AC current instead of the unregulated, high source impedance, distorted and noisy AC power that currently (no pun intended) comes out of your wall outlets? Do you think that might improve your system's performance?
You'd better believe it would!
Line conditioners have attempted, with varying degrees of success, to provide cleaner AC for your system by filtering out radio frequency noise and other forms of contamination, but PS Audio has a better way to do this with their three Power Plant models, the P3, P5, and P10.
These products are not classic line conditioners but rather are power regenerators. They take the poor quality AC that comes out of your wall outlet and immediately convert it to DC. Since DC is, by definition, zero Hz, it cannot contain any distortion or high frequency contamination, and all such spurious contamination is completely gone. The pure DC is then used by the amplification circuitry contained within the Power Plant to produce, right in your listening room, the highest possible quality AC, 60 Hz, high-current power needed to run your system. This freshly-generated, pure power is made available to your system via the power outlets on the back of the unit.
The P10 ($4995) is PS Audio's most advanced model and provides up to 1500 watts of regenerated power to 10 outlets in 5 isolated zones. With your system powered directly from the pure output of the P10, dynamics and openness are breathtaking. New voices, new harmonics and a renewed sense of musicality are yours the moment the P10 starts up.
The P5 ($3495), PS Audio's most popular model, provides up to 1250 watts of regenerated power into 4 isolated zones and 8 outlets. Its performance is very similar to the P10, and it is more than adequate for any but the largest systems.
Both models have a built-in oscilloscope, distortion analyzer, and full color touch screen on the front panel to give you the ultimate in control. You can view both the incoming and outgoing AC wave forms to see how much distortion is being reduced. You can control various aspects of each zone such as how and when a zone powers up, and you can even control the power plant via the Internet and a web browser.
Their newest and most affordable model is the P3 ($2495) which provides up to 750 watts of regenerated power into three zones of 6 outlets. In addition, there is a fourth pair of filtered (but not regenerated) outlets for very large power amplifiers. The P3 can power most small and medium size systems using only the 6 regenerated outlets but also allows the user to employ very large power amplifiers or subwoofers. These can be plugged into the filtered outlets without overloading the regeneration circuitry. While the P3 does not feature a touch screen it does have the exact same feature set as the P5 and P10 using its built in web access portal.
Here's what one of our best customers, Jack Foley, said after installing his new P5:
Ken, when you called me to encourage me to add a PS Audio P5 Power Plant, I was unhesitant since I always trust you and Gerry and your recommendations. So, as you know, I immediately purchased the component and set it up this weekend as soon as I got home. The world changed, in a good, very good way. I have NEVER heard my Vandersteen 5A speakers EVER sound as articulate, dimensional, deep and delicate as I did when I powered up the P5 and played some music.
Every kind of music was affected: Janis Joplin, The Beatles, Bill Evans, Telemann, Peter Green, My Morning Jacket, Danny O'Keefe, Beach House, The Band, Van Morrison, Tom Rush, Chris Smither, Dan Hicks, The Doors, Mark Knopfler, etc. It just didn't matter what the musical genre was, the results all around were astounding.
I heard things in some of these recordings, which I have been listening to for years (decades), that I NEVER heard before. Robbie Krieger's guitar work in Soft Parade was surprising in that I never heard him play picked and strummed details to compliment Ray Manzarek's jazzy organ performance in the song. Riders on the Storm was new in its sound, elegant and even more eerie, and Jim Morrison's voice was awesome. The delicacy of Neil Young's acoustic guitar in his anthology collection was in-the-room aural fidelity. The bass in Tom Rush's Driving Wheel was rich and smooth, and the two gentle guitars were magnificent. The crazy vocals and back up instruments in Dan Hick's Sweetheart was like having the diva singing in the room too, and all the instruments spoke clearly and individually, no smeared, blurry mess. Amazing fidelity and richness in all instrument presentation. At one point in my listening session I found myself looking around for a phone which was a new sound coming out of a Chris Smither song I was very familiar with. The other amazing element is the gentleness of the sound that balances so beautifully with the rich deeper bass playing. And vocals are delicate, distinct and real and very nuanced.
I am profoundly amazed by the Power Plant. It has given me a new system, in a way. Without a doubt, my system is so improved aurally that it is not the same one I have been listening to over time. I am totally grateful to Audio Nexus for making the call to get me to spend the best money I have spent on my entire system. The P5 has actualized my entire systems unused, unheard potential and fully realized my speakers' capabilities which are greater than I ever could have imagined, and they were impressive in the past.
PS Audio is too humble about broadcasting the P5's excellence. Every high end system owner should, must, own this component otherwise they are missing out on the true capabilities of their listening experience and their investment.
While waxing enthusiastic about the Power Plants, we shouldn't forget to mention that PS Audio also produces several other high-end and very respected audio components. These include the GCPH phono preamplifier ($1000), the PWT Perfect Wave CD Transport ($3995), and two USB Digital-to-Analog Converters (USB DACs), the Digital Link III ($800) and the PWD II Perfect Wave DAC ($3995). You can read more about these excellent products on the PS Audio website.
Audio Nexus Named as a
Totem Acoustic Dealer
We are thrilled to announce that Audio Nexus has been named as an authorized dealer for Totem Acoustic, manufacturer of beautifully-crafted and wonderful sounding world class loudspeakers.
Totem Acoustic was founded by Vince Bruzzese and has been producing these superb loudspeakers for over 20 years. It's almost axiomatic in high end audio that the most remarkable products are created by a single individual with a vision who also has a combination of advanced engineering expertise and superb hearing. Vince has all of these qualities in plentiful supply, and that's why his loudspeakers sound so spectacular.
Hear are a few of the factors that contribute to the performance of Totem Acoustic products:
- Drivers (woofers, tweeters, midranges) - All drivers are designed, engineered, and specified by Totem, and then the actual manufacturing is done by world-class, European vendors, often with tooling paid for by Totem. This gives Totem the best possible performance and the maximum flexibility and number of choices in their driver arsenal. Each driver is a collaborative effort between Vince and the vendor, and it often happens that Vince's expertise assists the vendor in developing better manufacturing capabilities and products.
- Proprietary, mathematical formulas - Vince has developed numerous, proprietary design formulas that allow him to get outstanding levels of performance out of his designs. One classic example of this is the amazing amount of bass that comes out of the 4.5" woofer and slender, elegant cabinet of the Arro model. No other company has access to these formulas.
- Crossovers - Proper crossover design is tremendously important to loudspeaker performance. All Totem crossovers are hand-wired using the finest resistors, oil and foil capacitors, and air-core inductors. They never use printed circuit boards or ferrite-core inductors (as do many other manufacturers) because of the sonic degradations caused by these parts. The same parts quality is used in the crossovers of all models, from the least to the most expensive. Totem has over $5 million of resistor and capacitor inventory, just so they can always have exactly the right part for the right application. Vince can do this because he has no board of directors to tell him it isn't economical.
- Wiring - The wiring inside every single Totem loudspeaker is unique, special, and exactly correct for its particular application. Never are the same wires used in multiple places or in multiple models, just to save money. Each and every wire, inside of each and every Totem crossover network, feeding each and every Totem driver, has been selected solely by Vince's ear and design expertise. All these wires, regardless of gauge, are 99.999% oxygen free copper, and they are all Teflon-coated. This means that these wires will never oxidize, and this will keep the electron flow unchanged for years to come. These ultra-high-grade wires have also been chosen because the copper has been drawn into wire slowly, allowing the molecular crystals to align themselves in a very cohesive fashion, once the speaker has had a proper break-in time. Wire quality does matter, and all of these measures get the most out of each loudspeaker's design.
- Cabinets - Totem Acoustic makes its own cabinets, by hand, at its own wood shop. All veneers are hand-selected, and all cabinets are veneered on the inside, as well as the outside. This expensive procedure is used because, as the loudspeaker ages, the stresses and the pressures on the inside and outside of the cabinet remain equal. Panels won't bend or warp because of unequal pressures. All panel joints are lock-mitered as compared to the cheap V-groove assembly procedure used in most mass-produced loudspeakers. Joint stability over many years is, therefore, much better. All of this means the cabinet will have the same sound in 20 years as it does when brand new. The inside of each loudspeaker is coated with an expensive and very high-tech vibration damping material called borosilicate. This material, first designed for use in the space shuttle, gives long- and short-term results superior to the damping materials used by most loudspeaker manufacturers.
- Synergy - Drivers, crossovers, wiring, and cabinetry are all developed with an awareness of how each will work together with all of the others to produce a synergistic design that gets the best possible total performance. Synergy yields a loudspeaker designed to reproduce music as purely, honestly, and dynamically as possible.
If all of this is starting to make you think that Totem Acoustic loudspeakers are something very special, then you're beginning to get the idea. The quantity of involving sound that comes out of these slim, compact, and elegant designs must be heard. We welcome everyone in for an audition and a very enjoyable experience!
For complete descriptions of all of the Totem Acoustic models, please visit their website at:
Totem Acoustic loudspeakers start at a modest $525 per pair. You can find pricing information for all of their models on our website by going to the Loudspeakers page.
Kimber Kable Loan Program
at Audio Nexus
Ever wondered how much improvement new interconnects, speaker cables, or power cords would really make in your system? Ever been told that audiophile cables really don't matter? Now it's time to learn the truth for yourself.
To help you answer these questions, we have started a special, limited time cable loan program, in cooperation with Kimber kable. We have obtained a wide selection of loaner cables you can try at home with absolutely no obligation to buy. We want you to take these cables home and listen at leisure, in your own system, to see just how much difference truly excellent cables can make. If you like what you hear and want to own the cables for your self, we'll order brand new ones for you. If not, just bring them back, no questions asked.
If you don't live close enough to come in, we'll be glad to ship the loaners to you. All you have to do is cover the shipping charges.
Call us or come in to reserve your home audition cables today. If you need more information on the various Kimber kable models, just give us a call or come into the store.
Audio Nexus Named as
a PrimaLuna Partner/Dealer
One of the hardest and yet most important tasks we undertake at Audio Nexus is our continual search for affordably-priced products that offer true, audiophile performance. Beyond that, of course, we want these products to look good and be reliable. Those of you who follow the audiophile press have probably noticed that one such brand, PrimaLuna, has been garnering effusive praise and a plethora of astonishing reviews all over the world for the last few years. There have also been numerous awards such as "Product of the Year for 2006" from The Absolute Sound for the ProLogue Six mono-block power amplifiers and "Class B Recommended Component" from Stereophile for the ProLogue One integrated amplifier, the ProLogue 3 preamplifier, and the ProLogue 7 mono-block amplifiers.
Recently, PrimaLuna has decided to add to its distribution by forming partnerships with a very limited number of U. S. dealers so that customers will have the opportunity to audition and purchase these magnificent products from a local dealer. It is our great pleasure to announce that, after over a year of negotiation, we have been named the exclusive dealer for PrimaLuna sales in New Jersey!
The driving force behind PrimaLuna, a Dutch company, is Herman van den Dungen. He has created a line of preamplifiers, integrated amplifiers, and power amplifiers that sound terrific, are amazingly reliable, and are built to a quality standard that is rarely matched by even some of the most expensive components out there. To top all of this, the PrimaLuna products are surpassingly attractive. They have neat, clean lines, superb fit and finish, and are decked out with a high gloss finish consisting of 5 coats of hand-polished lacquer. They are very pretty pieces! There are four integrated amplifiers (ProLogue One, ProLogue Two, DiaLogue One, DiaLogue Two), a preamplifier (ProLogue Three), four stereo power amplifiers (ProLogue Four, ProLogue Five, DiaLogue Four, DiaLogue Five), four sets of mono-block power amplifiers (ProLogue Six, ProLogue Seven, DiaLogue Six, DiaLogue Seven), and a tube CD player (ProLogue Eight). In addition, any of the integrated amplifiers or the preamplifier can be fitted with a built-in phono preamplifier. Please visit our Products page for pricing information.
Here are some of the seminal features incorporated into the PrimaLuna line:
- Gentle Power Up: A soft-start circuit extends component and tube life by powering up the unit gradually whenever it is turned on.
- Extra Protection: A tube plate fuse protects amplifier output stages from tube failure, preventing unnecessary repairs. Just plug in a new tube and
fuse, and the music is back.
- Adaptive AutoBias: Exclusive to PrimaLuna, this circuit monitors and adjusts bias automatically. Each power tube is automatically kept in a peak operating range. This results in improved performance and better sound, with distortion reduced by 40% to 50% over conventional bias setups. There's never a need to match tubes or adjust tube bias. Adaptive AutoBias also allows you to experiment with different power tubes.
- Custom-designed output transformers : The integrated and power amplifiers use encapsulated, low-hum, wide-bandwidth designs for great bass and extended highs. They are designed by Marcel Croese in cooperation with one of the most
prestigious transformer designers in the USA.
- Premium Parts: These products are made with parts whose quality is normally associated with much more expensive brands. Examples include ceramic tube sockets, Alps potentiometers, Nichicon and Realcap capacitors, WBT style speaker terminals, and gold-plated input jacks.
- Construction: All models are hand-made with the finest point-to-point wiring, with workmanship equal to or better than any product you can buy at any price .
- Chassis Construction: Each piece is built in a fully-vented chassis made of finely finished heavy gauge steel. Forget about those ubiquitous pebble or powder coat finishes you see on so many electronics. Each PrimaLuna jewel is finished with a five-step, automotive-quality finish, and each coat is hand rubbed and polished. A removable tube cage is included at no extra cost.
- Toroidal Power Transformers: What you don't want is to hear a component's power transformer humming along with your music. These toroidal transformers give you low hum and a front end that is dead quiet.
- Conservative Design Parameters: These products run the tubes very conservatively for long tube life.
Here's what one of our customers wrote to us two days after picking up his brand new PrimaLuna ProLogue Two:
I just want to let you know that the Prima Luna Prologue 2 has far exceeded my expectations. Not just mine but also my wife's. It is as if filters and coloration have been removed and the full 'bandwidth' and nuance of the music are now flowing out of the speakers in an effortless sort of way. There are voices behind voices, harmonies underneath harmonies, sub tones and whispers that just were not part of our listening experience before. There is an uncanny sense of dimension, clarity and balance. All of this is amazing since it is experienced with my existing low-budget DVD player and record player, and the amp is not yet broken in. I never thought that a good quality amp would offer such an immediate and profound improvement. A friend of mine who has a good system came for a listen and was blown away - he actually called me yesterday to tell me that he is now depressed when he listens to his system. Any, way, I thought that I would share this with you and thank you for making this wonderful component available.--L. S., Teaneck, NJ
The point is that you get all of this construction quality and all of that great sound in products ranging from only $1375 to $3150. Please come down to audition these remarkable products, and we think you'll be as impressed as we are. For more information, please visit:
To view the massive list of exceptional PrimaLuna reviews, please go to:
We are extremely proud to announce that Audio Nexus has been named as a dealer for the very prestigious Sonus faber line of loudspeakers. Click the link above for the full story.
Our demo Vandersteen Quatros have arrived. We've been waiting a long time for this new model, and we weren't disappointed. Click the link above for the full story.
We are proud to announce a brand new and very exciting service on our website call "Ask Your Question". Click the link above for the full story on this exciting, new knowledge base.
The new Nucleus Reference 3 speakers from Anthony Gallo Acoustics are clearly the most remarkable new speaker to arrive on the scene in many years. Click the link above for the full story.
What can I do to make my music more enjoyable...to make it sound more real, more like the performer is in my house playing for me? What can I do to get the best performance for my money, more Bang for my Buck? Click the link above for the full story
We are very pleased to announce the premiere of the first ever, online, high end, audio/video seminar series. Click the link above for the full story.
Audio Nexus, LLC
33 Union Place
Summit, NJ 07901
Store Hours Mon-Sat 10:30 AM to 6 PM, Thursday til 9PM
We are authorized dealers for
Anthony Gallo Acoustics * Arcam * Audience AV * Audio Physic * Audio Research * Audioquest * Balanced Audio Technology * Benz-Micro * Black Diamond * Chang Lightspeed * Clearaudio * Epos Acoustics * Fanfare FM * Fosgate * Gingko Audio * Goldring * Grado * Graham Engineering * Harmony Remote Controls * Kimber Kable * Lyra * Magnum Dynalab * Music Hall * Mystère * NAD * Nitty Gritty * Niles Audio * PrimaLuna * Pro-Ject * PS Audio * PSB * Quad * Revel * Richard Gray's Power Company * Rogue Audio * Rotel * Runco * Salamander Designs * Simaudio/Moon * SME * Sonus faber * Stewart Screens * Sumiko * Target * Totem Acoustic * Vandersteen * VPI * Wavelength Audio
Our products include|
Digital-to-Analog Converters (DACs) iPod Docks,
DVD and Blu-ray Players,
Headphones and Headphone Amplifiers,
Power Line Conditioners,
Preamplifiers and Processors,
Turntables, Tonearms, and Record Cleaning Machines,
Video Displays and Screens, and more.
Reach the store quickly and easily with our directions from New Jersey, New York, & Pennsylvania.
What We Offer
Brands & Links
Ask Your Question
Copyright © 1990 - 2014 Audio Nexus, LLC. All rights reserved.