Quick Contact Info: 33 Union Place, Summit, NJ 07901 | (908)277-0333 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to understand more about turntables and phono cartridges? Our Turntable Basics will get you there quickly.
Visit us on Facebook
How to set up and use a Music Server that can hold your entire music collection.
How to get started building your Stereo or Home Theater system
|Vol. 11, No. 1
Welcome to the latest news in audio and home theater from Audio Nexus. We have a lot of exciting news about new products and brands that have arrived at Audio Nexus since the last newsletter. There are new models with small and large improvements over their predecessors, new technologies, some price decreases, and other news from 18 different companies. It is especially rewarding to see not just the way in which state-of-the-art audio and video have improved since our last issue, but also the number of new, affordably-priced products which bring a very large percentage of that performance into a range which should fit into almost anyone's budget. Here's a quick, "executive" summary of some of the news:
- Gingko Audio - We now carry their very reasonably-priced isolation devices and turntable dust covers. They have products from about $100 that can truly enhance your system.
- Wavelength Audio - This company makes superb products in a new class of audio equipment called USB DACs. They allow you to use your computer as a storage device and server for your entire music library, yet get audiophile quality sound. The four models start at $900. Store and play your music from your server, then load your iPod from that same library.
- ARCAM - This company has added several new two-channel, home theater, and lifestyle components to their extensive lineup.
- Audio Physic - Updates from Audio Physic have enhanced their speaker line with improvements to the Virgo, a speaker that has always had a great reputation, and to the Tempo, with sound now far and away better than before. The new Yara Superior comes in at a very affordable price.
- Audio Research - New products such as the VS115, SP17, and CD5 have replaced older models, yielding improved sound quality. The most exciting news here has to be the move by a well-respected, true high-end manufacturer into the USB DAC market. This signals their belief that those who want to store their music on a PC deserve to retrieve that music with the quality of reproduction for which Audio Research is known.
- Balanced Audio Technology - The SE models from BAT have always been truly special. The introduction of the VK55SE tube power amplifier continues that tradition.
- Benz Micro - Benz has upgraded many of their cartridges. These "S-Class" cartridges should be a real treat for the growing number of vinyl enthusiasts. More and more people are buying turntables or reactivating their old ones. Benz Micro cartridges will bring real enjoyment at any price level.
- Conrad-Johnson - Didn't think you could afford top-of-the-line, Conrad-Johnson electronics, one of the best names in high end audio? Think again, and consider their new, moderately-priced preamplifier and power amplifier.
- NAD - Known for excellent equipment at very affordable pricing, NAD has added some new and very noteworthy items and features. They have 4 new home theater receivers with easy set-up features, a new home theater processor/preamplifier for those wanting the best sound, three new stereo models, and several all-in-one units that feature excellent performance in compact packages.
- PrimaLuna - While this name has become synonymous with well made, reliable, and affordable tube equipment, the company has not rested on its laurels. With the introduction of the Prologue Eight, they have put this type of performance into a tube CD player.
- Quad - Their electrostatic and dynamic loudspeakers are superb, as are their solid state and tube electronics. They have now added the II-80 mono-block tube amplifiers to their lineup. If you are in the market for a new amplifier, these should be on your short list.
- Revel - This one is very simple. The old Ultima speakers were excellent, and the new line, the Ultima2 series, is even better. Recent reviews have been fantastic!
- Rogue Audio - The Hera, their new reference preamplifier, is based on the 6H30 tube, renowned for its excellent sound quality and used by more and more top preamplifier manufacturers.
- Rotel - Rotel has upped the performance of their highly-sought-after home theater equipment. The new RSX-1058 home theater receiver does excellent video up-sampling and has 4-zone capability. They have two new Class D, digital amplifiers and a new preamplifier/processor that improve performance and add flexibility.
- Runco - No matter how good your cable, FiOS, satellite, or Blu-ray video signal, it still needs a worthy display. Runco, still the best picture around, has added models and lowered many prices. With the signals getting better every day and the prices of Runco products more affordable than ever before, you owe it to yourself to look at a Runco.
- Simaudio / Moon - There are two new products from Simaudio at a very affordable, lower price. For $1500 you can now get a Simaudio CD player (CD-1) or an integrated amplifier (i-1). It was no easy task getting this great equipment into a more affordable package, but Simaudio did it.
- Sonus faber - Any discussion of high-end loudspeakers combining gorgeous cosmetics with beautiful sound always has to include the Cremona. Now, redesigned as the Cremona M, it is every bit as visually stunning with sound that is better than ever before. Also, there are three other new models, the Elipsa, the Auditor M, and the Auditor Elipsa. All four have reviewers singing the praises of these Italian speakers.
- VPI - Many wholeheartedly believe that a turntable is still the best way to listen to music, and the new Rim Drive system from VPI has, once again, shown how innovative VPI can be. Turntable, arm, and cartridge all make a noticeable difference. If you are just starting out with vinyl or already have a large collection, come listen to the difference a VPI turntable can make.
You can read about all of this and much more in the full newsletter. Happy reading!
By the way, for late-breaking news and important developments between newsletters, please check out Important Bulletins to find out the latest about what's happening at Audio Nexus. If you would like more information on any of the products mentioned here, please feel free to call and/or go to the Brand Names & Links page for direct links to the relevant manufacturer's web site.
Click here if you wish to view our PREVIOUS NEWSLETTER.
Sign Up for Future Newsletters and Bulletins
or jump directly to the Table of Contents
*You must fill in all required fields or you will get an error message when you try to send the form. If that happens, press your browser's "Back" button to return and complete the form.
(Please be assured that your email address or other information will not be shared with or sold to anyone.)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
You can click any manufacturer's name in the Table of Contents to jump directly to that page, or just click the "Start Newsletter" link to go to the start of the newsletter. Navigation links to other pages and back to the Table of Contents are at the end of the article on each page.
Audio Nexus, LLC
33 Union Place
Summit, NJ 07901
Store Hours Mon-Sat 10:30 AM to 6 PM, Thursday til 9PM
We are authorized dealers for
Arcam * Audeze * Audience AV * Audio Physic * Audio Research * Audioquest * Balanced Audio Technology * Benz-Micro * Bluesound * Chang Lightspeed * Clearaudio * Creek Audio * Epos Acoustics * Gallo Acoustics * Gingko Audio * Goldring * Grado * Kimber Kable * Lehmann Audio * Lyra * Magnum Dynalab * Music Hall * NAD * Niles Audio * Nitty Gritty * PrimaLuna * Pro-Ject * PS Audio * PSB * Quad * Revel * Richard Gray's Power Company * Rogue Audio * Rotel * Runco * Salamander Designs * Simaudio/MOON * Sonus faber * Stewart Screens * Sumiko * Totem Acoustic * Vandersteen * VPI * Wavelength Audio * Wharfedale
Our products include|
Digital-to-Analog Converters (DACs) iPod Docks,
DVD and Blu-ray Players,
Headphones and Headphone Amplifiers,
Power Line Conditioners,
Preamplifiers and Processors,
Turntables, Tonearms, and Record Cleaning Machines,
Video Displays and Screens, and more.
Reach the store quickly and easily with our directions from New Jersey, New York, & Pennsylvania.
What We Offer
Brands & Links
Ask Your Question
Copyright © 1990 - 2018 Audio Nexus, LLC. All rights reserved.