Quick Contact Info: 33 Union Place, Summit, NJ 07901 | (908)277-0333 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to understand more about turntables and phono cartridges? Our Turntable Basics will get you there quickly.
Visit us on Facebook
How to set up and use a Music Server that can hold your entire music collection.
How to get started building your Stereo or Home Theater system
|Vol. 15, No. 1
Welcome to the latest news in audio and home theater from Audio Nexus. Our company was founded in 1982, so this year we are celebrating our 30th anniversary! Our guiding principle has always been to represent only the finest companies and components we could find for our customers and to do that over a broad range of prices so that anyone could afford to own a system with superior performance. We have always eschewed the glitzy products of high cosmetic appeal but low innate performance. We have always sought out the brands which tried to make better music for you rather than the more-easily-sold name brands from the companies with the large advertising budgets. We have been rewarded with a loyal following of audiophiles and music lovers, and we would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you who have helped support us for three decades.
As we move forward, we plan to continue doing exactly the same things, even as technologies and product categories are added and evolved. So, whether we're talking with you in the store or writing these newsletters, we'll be focusing on basic quality, whether it's contained in new or traditional technologies. We'll continue to keep you informed on new offerings, technology that is filtering down from our brands' more expensive models to offer better performance at lower prices, and brands that are managing to offer you more per dollar by lowering their prices. There's a lot of all of these to report in this issue, so please read on, and contact us if you have any questions.
Here's an "executive" summary of some of the news. This is the quickie version of what is going on and what's new here at Audio Nexus for those who don't have much time. But there is a lot more information in the full version that follows, including photos of most items. If you want to skip the summary, you can go directly to the Table of Contents for the complete articles.
- PS Audio - We now carry this line of excellent, USA-made power regenerators. What they can do for the sound of your system will absolutely startle you. Happily, they do this at prices less than some power conditioners and with benefits that are immediately and significantly noticeable. This company also manufactures fine phono preamplifiers and DACs.
- ARCAM - How about five new digital to analog converters and iPod docks starting at just $249, that fill a variety of different needs, a new AV receiver, and a new Blu-ray player from this great British company? They have built DACs to improve sonics and convenience in so many different ways that you'll need to read the full article to get all of the details.
- Audio Physic - “No loss of fine detail” has been the slogan of these German-made loudspeakers for years. To this end, they have replaced their beginning Yara line with the new Classic line starting around $3000 a pair. Also, they have improved upon the Virgo 25 by adding the Virgo 25 Plus, a loudspeaker to challenge the big boys at $17,990/pair.
- Audio Research - Audio Research, one of the most respected names in the audio industry, is releasing some products and updating others. There are a new phono preamplifier (the LP1 at $2195), the DSPre (a DAC built into a preamplifier), a smaller reference power amp (the Reference 75), and three upgrades to SE (special edition) models. ARC is the place to check out when you want your listening experience to be extra special.
- Epos Acoustics -There are 2 new, very reasonably-priced lines of speakers from this company, the Epic line and the Elan line. These two lines start at $599/pair and go up to only $2399/pair. Now that's nice and affordable sound from a top-quality loudspeaker manufacturer.
- Magnum Dynalab - Their tuners have always been known to produce some of the best sound you could get from the radio airwaves. Now their four new models of Internet tuners do the same thing for Internet music.
- NAD - NAD has been very busy. They are offering a full line of new products and product updates including AV receivers, an AV processor/preamplifier, two DAC/integrated amplifiers, a Direct Digital integrated amplifier, an AM/FM Internet tuner/media player, a CD player, a wireless USB DAC, and the Viso 1 stand-alone digital music system and wireless iPod dock. All of these are explained in detail in the body of this newsletter. You know the high quality for an affordable price that NAD has always offered. This year's new line-up continues this tradition.
- Pro-Ject - Turntables are again the rage, with vinyl available at record shows, garage sales, from your parents' basement, and stores selling new pressings. The realistic sound of vinyl can now be enjoyed on a much improved, entry-level turntable from Pro-Ject at $399. Don't forget, Audio Nexus proudly takes as much time and care setting up and testing a beginner turntable as a very expensive one.
- Rogue Audio - The Hydra (100 watts/channel) and the Medusa (200 watts/channel) are 2 new hybrid (tube and Class-D) power amplifiers from Rogue. This combination of tubes with Class-D power is a new design that may give you the combination of subtlety and power you are seeking at a reachable price. Read the explanation in the body of this newsletter to understand the benefits.
- Rotel - How do you like the idea of new and improved models at the same price as the previous ones? Well, that's always welcome, and that's what Rotel did with their home theater line. The new RSX-1562 receiver and RSP-1572 processor are the welcome upgrades, at the same old prices.
- Simaudio/Moon - While they have many products at very easily affordable price points, the new item from Simaudio is a no-holds-barred phono preamplifier in their Evolution line. It is called the 810LP and sells for $12,000. It is a very special unit for the truly dedicated LP lover .
- Totem Acoustic - Totem has released a center channel and a bookshelf /monitor loudspeaker at $4295 and $4500/pair, respectively. These are both part of their top-of-the-line, Element loudspeaker series.
- Vandersteen Audio - So here we go, a new loudspeaker from Vandersteen. They work on a new design for years until it's ready for release. We've known about the Treo for quite a while, and it's now finally available. Looking a lot like the Quatro but priced much lower at $5995, it should be a great speaker for anyone who loves the Vandersteen openness but is not ready to make the move to the Quatros.
- VPI - One of the best and most highly respected turntable manufacturers in the world, happens to be local to us in New Jersey. So we don't have to travel very far for a Traveler, VPI's new, least expensive, yet very well-crafted turntable for only $1295. The initial run sold out before it was even complete. If you're ready to move up to that price point, this may well be the right next step in enjoying your music. VPI, as always, delivers quality and, at this price, they are extremely hard to beat.
You can read about all of this and much more in the full newsletter. Happy reading!
By the way, for late-breaking news and important developments between newsletters, please check out Important Bulletins to find out the latest about what's happening at Audio Nexus. If you would like more information on any of the products mentioned here, please feel free to call, stop in, and/or go to the Brand Names & Links page for direct links to the relevant manufacturer's web site.
Click here if you wish to view our PREVIOUS NEWSLETTER.
Sign Up for Future Newsletters and Bulletins
or jump directly to the Table of Contents
*You must fill in all required fields or you will get an error message when you try to send the form. If that happens, press your browser's "Back" button to return and complete the form.
(Please be assured that your email address or other information will not be shared with or sold to anyone.)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
You can click any manufacturer's name in the Table of Contents to jump directly to that page, or just click the "Start Newsletter" link to go to the start of the newsletter. Navigation links to other pages and back to the Table of Contents are at the end of the article on each page.
Audio Nexus, LLC
33 Union Place
Summit, NJ 07901
Store Hours Mon-Sat 10:30 AM to 6 PM, Thursday til 9PM
We are authorized dealers for
Arcam * Audeze * Audience AV * Audio Physic * Audio Research * Audioquest * Balanced Audio Technology * Benz-Micro * Bluesound * Chang Lightspeed * Clearaudio * Creek Audio * Epos Acoustics * Gallo Acoustics * Gingko Audio * Goldring * Grado * Kimber Kable * Lehmann Audio * Lyra * Magnum Dynalab * Music Hall * NAD * Niles Audio * Nitty Gritty * PrimaLuna * Pro-Ject * PS Audio * PSB * Quad * Revel * Richard Gray's Power Company * Rogue Audio * Rotel * Runco * Salamander Designs * Simaudio/MOON * Sonus faber * Stewart Screens * Sumiko * Totem Acoustic * Vandersteen * VPI * Wavelength Audio * Wharfedale
Our products include|
Digital-to-Analog Converters (DACs) iPod Docks,
DVD and Blu-ray Players,
Headphones and Headphone Amplifiers,
Power Line Conditioners,
Preamplifiers and Processors,
Turntables, Tonearms, and Record Cleaning Machines,
Video Displays and Screens, and more.
Reach the store quickly and easily with our directions from New Jersey, New York, & Pennsylvania.
What We Offer
Brands & Links
Ask Your Question
Copyright © 1990 - 2018 Audio Nexus, LLC. All rights reserved.