Quick Contact Info: 33 Union Place, Summit, NJ 07901 | (908)277-0333 | email@example.com
Want to understand more about turntables and phono cartridges? Our Turntable Basics will get you there quickly.
Visit us on Facebook
How to set up and use a Music Server that can hold your entire music collection.
How to get started building your Stereo or Home Theater system
|Vol. 13, No. 1
For years we have been offering various versions of the Clearaudio Emotion turntable as our favorite entry-level audiophile model in the $1000 to $1500 price range. Now Clearaudio has upped the ante by bringing us a replacement model with improved performance at the same price of $1400 for the turntable/tonearm package. The new model is the Concept turntable with its factory-installed Verify tonearm.
Features of the Concept/Verify package include:
- A high-mass, acoustically-inert aluminum plinth which keeps parasitic vibrations from degrading audio playback. The plinth's corners are attractively rounded, and the whole plinth looks solid and professional.
- The two-piece, 1.2-inch thick platter is made from solid Delrin, a material well-known to resist external vibrations.
- The bearing assembly consists of a polished, tempered, steel shaft within sintered bronze bushings, and the bearing shaft rests on a mirror-polished, Teflon thrust pad to minimize vibration and speed variation.
- The platter is driven by a decoupled, DC motor incorporating a very low noise bearing.
- All three speeds, 33, 45, and 78 RPM, are available with the simple turn of the speed selector knob.
- The very high quality Verify tonearm uses a magnetic bearing which completely eliminates all bearing friction and isolates the arm tube and phono cartridge from external vibrations. This magnetic bearing actually uses opposed magnets to "float" the arm tube in the bearing housing, thus achieving zero friction. This has to be one of the most intriguing tonearm designs we've seen recently.
All in all, the Clearaudio Concept turntable package is a superb performer and in a class by itself at its price. All it needs is the cartridge of your choice to bring you superb record playback performance.
Audio Nexus, LLC
33 Union Place
Summit, NJ 07901
Store Hours Mon-Sat 10:30 AM to 6 PM, Thursday til 9PM
We are authorized dealers for
Anthony Gallo Acoustics * Arcam * Audeze * Audience AV * Audio Physic * Audio Research * Audioquest * Balanced Audio Technology * Benz-Micro * Chang Lightspeed * Clearaudio * Creek Audio * Epos Acoustics * Gingko Audio * Goldring * Grado * Kimber Kable * Lehmann Audio * Lyra * Magnum Dynalab * Music Hall * NAD * Niles Audio * Nitty Gritty * PrimaLuna * Pro-Ject * PS Audio * PSB * Quad * Revel * Richard Gray's Power Company * Rogue Audio * Rotel * Runco * Salamander Designs * Simaudio/MOON * Sonus faber * Stewart Screens * Sumiko * Totem Acoustic * Vandersteen * VPI * Wavelength Audio * Wharfedale
Our products include|
Digital-to-Analog Converters (DACs) iPod Docks,
DVD and Blu-ray Players,
Headphones and Headphone Amplifiers,
Power Line Conditioners,
Preamplifiers and Processors,
Turntables, Tonearms, and Record Cleaning Machines,
Video Displays and Screens, and more.
Reach the store quickly and easily with our directions from New Jersey, New York, & Pennsylvania.
What We Offer
Brands & Links
Ask Your Question
Copyright © 1990 - 2018 Audio Nexus, LLC. All rights reserved.