Quick Contact Info: 33 Union Place, Summit, NJ 07901 | (908)277-0333 | email@example.com
Want to understand more about turntables and phono cartridges? Our Turntable Basics will get you there quickly.
Visit us on Facebook
How to set up and use a Music Server that can hold your entire music collection.
How to get started building your Stereo or Home Theater system
|Vol. 17, No. 1
After many, many successful years as one of Sonus fabers most well-known loudspeaker lines, Cremona has been retired and replaced by the brand new Olympica line. The line consists of four models, the 3-way floor-standing Olympica III with dual woofers at $13,500 per pair, the 3-way floor-standing, single-woofer Olympica II at $10,000 per pair, the 2-way bookshelf Olympica I at $6500 per pair, and the 3-way Olympica Center center channel at $5500. All models use the Lyre shape for their cabinets which eliminates resonances arising from parallel surfaces. All are available in either graphite or natural walnut combined with textured leather for a very elegant and stylish presentation.
With this new project, Sonus faber has been able to balance quintessential style and significant elements of technological innovation, combining modernity with their classic and stylistic standards. Some of the significant design features common to all models are:
- The cabinets all have the enhanced lyre shape design with progressive thickness, triple curvature walls, and damped spread resonance spectrum system that drastically reduces cabinet resonant colorations.
- The tweeter uses Sonus faber's “Arrow Point” Damped Apex Dome which is a synthesis of the classic dome and the ring transducer. Superb linearity is made possible by the new Neodymium motor system.
- For the midrange, The floor-standing models use a new Sonus faber- designed 6-inch, ultra-dynamic driver. CCAW wire is used on a composite former to yield an eddy-current-free voice coil. The dynamically linear magnet structure incorporates triple Kellog/Goeller rings. A special custom diaphragm is made with an air-dried, non-pressed blend of traditional cellulose pulp, kapok, kenaf, and other natural fibers developed by ear according to the most natural sound. To inhibit further any residual cone coloration the designers are using a transparent, viscous surface damping coating. Special coaxial anti-compressors are used, designed to remove cavity resonances and distortions. In the bookshelf model, a modified version of this driver serves as the woofer. In the center channel, a smaller version is used for the midrange.
- The woofer for the floor-standing models is a direct descendant of the 8.75-inch driver used in their top-of-the-line Aida model. The light weight sandwich cone is made from a synthetic foam membrane and coated with cellulose pulp and is voiced to blend with the midrange drive units and exhibit its same sonic characteristics. The result is absolute definition and coherency in the critical mid-bass frequency range. A long-throw motor system with a 1.5-inch diameter, eddy-current-controlled voice coil is implemented for high speed, dynamic performance, and linearity. In the center channel, a smaller version is used.
- The crossover is a non-resonant, progressive-slope design, optimized for amplitude/phase response for maximal space/time performance. Paracross topology is used on both the tweeter hi-pass and midrange band-pass sections.
All of this advanced technology combines with the beauty and stunning sonics of these new models to yield a truly impressive offering.
Audio Nexus, LLC
33 Union Place
Summit, NJ 07901
Store Hours Mon-Sat 10:30 AM to 6 PM, Thursday til 9PM
We are authorized dealers for
Anthony Gallo Acoustics * Arcam * Audeze * Audience AV * Audio Physic * Audio Research * Audioquest * Balanced Audio Technology * Benz-Micro * Chang Lightspeed * Clearaudio * Creek Audio * Epos Acoustics * Gingko Audio * Goldring * Grado * Kimber Kable * Lyra * Magnum Dynalab * Music Hall * NAD * Niles Audio * PrimaLuna * Pro-Ject * PS Audio * PSB * Quad * Revel * Richard Gray's Power Company * Rogue Audio * Rotel * Runco * Salamander Designs * Simaudio/MOON * Sonus faber * Stewart Screens * Sumiko * Totem Acoustic * Vandersteen * VPI * Wavelength Audio * Wharfedale
Our products include|
Digital-to-Analog Converters (DACs) iPod Docks,
DVD and Blu-ray Players,
Headphones and Headphone Amplifiers,
Power Line Conditioners,
Preamplifiers and Processors,
Turntables, Tonearms, and Record Cleaning Machines,
Video Displays and Screens, and more.
Reach the store quickly and easily with our directions from New Jersey, New York, & Pennsylvania.
What We Offer
Brands & Links
Ask Your Question
Copyright © 1990 - 2017 Audio Nexus, LLC. All rights reserved.