Quick Contact Info: 33 Union Place, Summit, NJ 07901 | (908)277-0333 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to understand more about turntables and phono cartridges? Our Turntable Basics will get you there quickly.
Visit us on Facebook
How to set up and use a Music Server that can hold your entire music collection.
How to get started building your Stereo or Home Theater system
|Vol. 13, No. 1
Welcome to our latest newsletter which is chock full of the latest news in audio and home theater from Audio Nexus. We feature new products that have been released since the last newsletter and new brands for which we have become dealers. Many of those products introduce new technologies or "filter down" very high-end technologies from prior years into more affordable products. Other brands are offering improved versions of their products without any price increases. Additionally, some of the technical advances have brought the quality of audio and video reproduction to levels that have never been seen before. Combine those factors with the price decreases that have occurred for several brands, and the opportunities for improved performance for audiophiles and videophiles have never been better. Here's a quick, "executive" summary of some of the news:
- Ortofon - We now sell the Ortofon brand of phono cartridges. They cover a wide price range with some attractively-affordable, high output moving coils that are the best we've found for the money.
- Anthony Gallo - Finally, the successor to the highly-acclaimed Reference 3.0 and 3.1 loudspeakers, the Reference 3.5, is here and winning even higher praise. It may look similar, but the improved sound and components used raise it to a much higher level.
- ARCAM - They have entered computer/audio system high-quality music integration with the rDAC USB DAC for $479. In conjunction with that is another music networking path, the all in one Solo Neo that gets you high quality audio from one box, including computer and network integration. Finally, there's a new, lower-priced home theater receiver, the AVR500.
- Audio Physic - Happy Anniversary Audio Physic! Specially-upgraded 25th anniversary models have joined the already-highly-regarded Virgo V and Tempo VI loudspeakers. Thanks to the weaker Euro, prices on all models have come down noticeably.
- Audio Research - Audio Research is always moving forward. The PH6 is their newest phono stage. In addition to adding the DAC8, a new stand-alone DAC, they have moved Class-D power amplifiers and integrated amplifiers to much more refined levels. These, the DSi200 and DS450, are Energy Star rated, run cool, have lots of power, and represent Audio Research very well in this new area.
- Balanced Audio Technology - BAT has replaced one solid state power amplifier with the new Vk-255SE and the Vk-75SE tube power amplifier with the significantly-upgraded REX Power amplifier.
- Clearaudio - From Clearaudio we get an even better entry level turntable, the new Concept, for virtually the same price as the older model it replaced. That's moving things in the right direction!
- Kimber Kable - Kimber is the top cable manufacturer in terms of sound quality for the money. That may be a tired phrase but is 100% true. Now they have added a new series of top end cables, the 6000 Select series. These products are not inexpensive, but if you want the best, they will easily live up to your expectations.
- NAD - Blu-ray players from a quality company like NAD make us very happy. Two new lower priced models make us feel that much better. Even at the lower prices, these will quickly prove themselves to be bargains in a cost vs. performance competition against the mass market units.
- PrimaLuna - PrimaLuna has not been resting on its laurels. This brand of affordable, well-made, and excellent sounding tube equipment has added six models and a whole new line. When you talk about tube sound quality for your dollar, this is one of the best companies around.
- Quad - Quad has added a quality, integrated amplifier to its line by bringing back an updated version of a classic model. If you want great Quad tube quality sound in a single box package, this one is for you. They also introduced a home theater, sound bar as part of their L-ite loudspeaker series. For those needing this type of item, it is a great choice with great sound and a distinctive, pleasing appearance.
- Rotel - The new Rotel RA-05SE integrated amplifier and RCD-06SE CD player are much improved and updated versions of the Euro-Series system which were available in the United States a few years ago. These distinctive pieces offer very reasonably-priced, good-looking, and completely-Rotel sound that is perfect for a den, office, or bedroom.
- Runco - This company still offers the very highest quality video around at every price range. Their new LED projectors are ground-breaking and at the head of the pack.
- Simaudio/Moon - This Canadian company has too many changes to cover completely in this summary. New products in the categories of power amplifiers, preamplifiers, integrated amplifiers, phono preamplifiers, and DACs are all available and, as always, are of excellent quality and are detailed and musical.
- Sonus faber - This Italian maker of remarkable-sounding and beautiful loudspeakers, has introduced the Liuto line at a very reasonable price point. If loudspeakers are in your near future, Sonus faber is always an important product to audition.
- Vandersteen Audio - Vandersteen has always made loudspeakers that, for the money, can't be touched in terms of sound stage, depth, and openness. Now, they have a “cost-no-object” loudspeaker, the Model 7, that has even surpassed their world-renowned Model 5A.
- Wavelength Audio - Gordon Rankin is working on upgrades for many of his USB DACs. The first that has been released is the Brick V3 which is significantly better than the V2 at no price increase! Wavelength has also just introduced the WaveLink which converts a computer's USB output to SPDIF. This allows owners of older DACs without USB inputs to achieve a better-sounding interface with their computers.
You can read about all of this and much more in the full newsletter. Happy reading!
By the way, for late-breaking news and important developments between newsletters, please check out Important Bulletins to find out the latest about what's happening at Audio Nexus. If you would like more information on any of the products mentioned here, please feel free to call, stop in, and/or go to the Brand Names & Links page for direct links to the relevant manufacturer's web site.
Click here if you wish to view our PREVIOUS NEWSLETTER.
Sign Up for Future Newsletters and Bulletins
or jump directly to the Table of Contents
*You must fill in all required fields or you will get an error message when you try to send the form. If that happens, press your browser's "Back" button to return and complete the form.
(Please be assured that your email address or other information will not be shared with or sold to anyone.)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
You can click any manufacturer's name in the Table of Contents to jump directly to that page, or just click the "Start Newsletter" link to go to the start of the newsletter. Navigation links to other pages and back to the Table of Contents are at the end of the article on each page.
Audio Nexus, LLC
33 Union Place
Summit, NJ 07901
Store Hours Mon-Sat 10:30 AM to 6 PM, Thursday til 9PM
We are authorized dealers for
Arcam * Audeze * Audience AV * Audio Physic * Audio Research * Audioquest * Balanced Audio Technology * Benz-Micro * Bluesound * Chang Lightspeed * Clearaudio * Creek Audio * Epos Acoustics * Gallo Acoustics * Gingko Audio * Goldring * Grado * Kimber Kable * Lehmann Audio * Lyra * Magnum Dynalab * Music Hall * NAD * Niles Audio * Nitty Gritty * PrimaLuna * Pro-Ject * PS Audio * PSB * Quad * Revel * Richard Gray's Power Company * Rogue Audio * Rotel * Salamander Designs * Simaudio/MOON * Sonus faber * Stewart Screens * Sumiko * Totem Acoustic * Vandersteen * VPI * Wharfedale
Our products include|
Digital-to-Analog Converters (DACs) iPod Docks,
DVD and Blu-ray Players,
Headphones and Headphone Amplifiers,
Power Line Conditioners,
Preamplifiers and Processors,
Turntables, Tonearms, and Record Cleaning Machines,
Video Displays and Screens, and more.
Reach the store quickly and easily with our directions from New Jersey, New York, & Pennsylvania.
What We Offer
Brands & Links
Ask Your Question
Copyright © 1990 - 2019 Audio Nexus, LLC. All rights reserved.